A “has-been” Broadway performer moves to Buffalo and starts teaching tap dance lessons to a group of misfits who, through their dance classes, bond and realize what they can achieve. Their newfound self-confidence changes their lives forever.
- Liza Minnelli as Mavis Turner, a former Broadway dancer and singer who teaches a tap class in Buffalo, New York
- Bill Irwin as Geoffrey, a shy insurance salesman, and the only man in the group
- Ellen Greene as Maxine, a cute, funny, and slightly wild mom
- Robyn Stevan as Sylvia, a loud-mouthed buddy of Rose.
- Jane Krakowski as Lynne, a sensitive , one of the best dancers
- Sheila McCarthyas Andi, a mousey, insecure
- Andrea Martin as Dorothy, a naive but sincere housewife with an allergy problem
- Julie Walters as Vera, a wealthy but inadvertently abrasive woman
- Carol Woods as Rose, a vibrant woman with a teenage son who gets into trouble
- Shelley Winters as Mrs. Fraser, a dour rehearsal
- Luke Reilly as Patrick, Mavis’s conceited, insensitive boyfriend
- Nora Dunn as Pam, director of the upscale dance center, a rival to Mavis
See below the videos from this wonderful film on Youtube